When Medical Care Goes Awry
We rely on health care professionals to always be vigilant and maintain a high standard of performance in their duties. In spite of that, thousands of people suffer serious side effects and die as a result of negligence and medical errors on the part of doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
If you are a victim, you deserve compensation for your injuries. Attorney Lauren Levin Geary can help. With over 25 years of successful Pennsylvania personal injury experience, Lauren understands how to pursue what is needed to win compensation in these claims.
Types Of Injuries That Happen In Health Care Facilities
Injuries that fall under medical malpractice can happen in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and other types of health care settings. While the varieties of injuries that are possible are too numerous to list here, there are several injuries that tend to be more common. These include:
- Anesthesia errors that may involve fatal overdoses
- Birth injuries, including cerebral palsy
- Misdiagnosis, causing delayed care or serious injury
- Fertility procedure errors
- Gastric bypass surgery errors
- Medication errors by doctors and pharmacists
- Overdosing of patients in nursing homes
- Wrong-site surgeries, instruments left in surgery sites or infections after procedures
Medical professionals are held to a standard of care and have a duty to follow this standard. When these professionals and facilities are reckless, careless or detour from what is reasonable and a patient is harmed, it’s time to speak with a personal injury attorney. Lauren offers skilled, compassionate assistance to clients who want to know what happened, why it happened and what can be done about it. There is a limit to the amount of time you have to file after a medical fatality.